How to Get Started with PC Gaming: Tips and Tricks for Beginners
Getting ready to dive into PC gaming? Whether you’re an experienced console gamer seeking to explore gaming on a computer or a TOTAL beginner, taking your gaming to a PC can seem intimidating. We’ll walk you through the basics of how to get started with PC gaming, helping you avoid common newbie mistakes and set yourself up for success!
< h2>Choose the Right Gaming PC
When you’re looking to get started with PC gaming, the most important factor is your gaming rig. You’ll need a desktop or laptop that has the proper processing power, RAM, storage and graphics capabilities to handle the games you wish to play. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right gaming PC for your needs:
- Do your research and figure out the specs you need for the games you want to play — laptops tend to be more powerful but costlier, and desktops are ideal for customization
- When shopping for PCs, look for systems with cutting-edge Intel® processors, like the 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family, that can provide a boost in performance
- Invest in a good quality display, preferably at least 1080p and/or with a refresh rate of 60 Hz or faster — this will make your gaming experience smoother and more immersive
- If you can, try to buy from a reputable company for tech support down the line
Find the Right Games
Let’s not forget about the actual games! Now that you have your gaming PC, you need something to play. Finding the right games can be overwhelming with so many options. To help narrow the selection, consider the following tips:
- Check out online reviews from trusted critics and aggregators, like IGN, Metacritic or Steam reviews
- Turn to gaming communities, like Reddit, for personalized recommendations from fellow enthusiasts
- Look into eSports and competitive gaming to find the most popular and top-rated titles
- Try out demos and free games if you’re on a tight budget
Wait Until You Have All the Equipment You Need
Once you have your gaming PC and have identified a few titles that sound thrilling, wait until you have all the accessories you need before you start gaming. Invest in a proper gaming mouse and keyboard, so you have the precision and tactile feedback you need during gameplay. Don’t forget about rule number one: when it comes to gaming, comfort is king. That means investing in a gaming chair and a good monitor if your budget allows. You’ll also want to look into controllers if you’re interested in console-style gaming. And, although not required, a good gaming headset can take your gaming experience to the next level.
Stay Up to Date on the Latest Technology
Last but not least, one of the key to success in PC gaming is staying up to date on the latest technology. Keep an eye on the latest GPUs and Intel® processors, promising technologies, Steam and Epic Games sales, and major gaming announcements. Being aware of the newest advancements can help you get the most out of your gaming experience!
We hope this guide has helped set you on the right path to becoming a master PC gamer. Best of luck in whichever games you choose to play!