The Rise of PC Gaming: What You Need to Know Before You Jump In
PC gaming has been around for a while, but it’s been having a renaissance as of late. With more options than ever, it’s definitely the time to jump into the world of PC gaming. But before you dive headfirst into this new world, it’s important to understand the unique challenges associated with PC gaming.
The Pros and Cons of PC Gaming
- No monthly subscription fees
- Graphics that are on par with console
- Great value for your money with variety of game deals
- A vast selection of titles
- Powerful hardware and customization options
- Expensive set-up costs
- Constant need for expensive upgrades to games
- PCs aren’t equipped with plug-and-play controllers
- Vulnerable to malware and hacking
What You Need to Get Started
- High-performing gaming computer
- Video card with advanced video features to support latest games
- At least 8GB of RAM and 500GB of storage
- Gaming mouse and keyboard
- A reliable internet connection
- Game capture device (optional)
Popular Games to Play
There are so many great titles to choose from for PC gamers. Some of the most popular esports titles include Overwatch, League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, DotA 2, and Starcraft II. Other popular games for PC gaming include Final Fantasy XIV, The Elder Scrolls Online, and World of Warcraft.
PC gaming can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it’s important to know what you’re getting into before you jump in. Do your research, stay up to date with the latest game releases, and take advantage of the deals available. With the right equipment and games, PC gaming is a great way to relax and enjoy some gaming.